Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS)
Attention: If you need to make a federal tax payment that is due today, here are instructions for making a same-day electronic payment via a financial institution.
EFTPS: The Easiest Way To Pay Federal Taxes
The Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) is a free service of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. We encourage you to begin paying business taxes via EFTPS.gov or with the service's phone channel because...
- You will have no more last-minute trips to the bank or post office, lost checks, or missed deadlines.
- It's easy to use, fast, and accurate.
- IRS research shows that businesses using EFTPS are 31 times less likely to make an error that results in a penalty or fee.
- You can use EFTPS from anywhere if there's an Internet connection or phone line.
- No special software or connection is required.
- You're in total control of initiating your tax payment securely through this site.
- Millions of taxpayers are already enrolled in the system, which has been available since 1996.